The following updates will take effect immediately following the latest announcement from Bonnie Henry & BC Government: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/restrictions
Removal of High Intensity or HIIT Training
"Businesses, recreation centres or other organizations that organize or operate high risk indoor group physical activities must suspend the following activities: Spin classes- Hot yoga- High intensity interval training (HIIT)"
Many of our coaches are trained in or utilize OPEX principals for programming - so we are utilizing their standards for intensity to determine what we deem safe & appropriate levels for our athletes.
- We will be mandating that no athlete is to work above a MAP 6 or '20 minute pace' or 80% effort (tops) for any conditioning work
- This includes athletes in individual programming & [SPRT] Access
- This includes athletes utilizing [FF] Open Gym times
Breach of HIIT Ban
If a coach finds you to be exerting yourself above (or even close) to a level that we deem appropriate, you will be told to stop immediately, clean your equipment and to leave for the day. One a second warning your membership will be put on hold until HIIT training is allowed to return.
[FF] Group Classes Begin Nov 23rd
- [FF] Group Classes will return to the schedule starting Monday Nov 23rd
- The [FF] Program will be re-written to focus on strength & Accessory with occasional low intensity (MAP6 or slower) conditioning work
Avoiding 'Gatherings' of Athletes
Our risk assessment & updated information shows that outside of HIIT training in groups, the largest risk to our athletes is when socializing before and after class.
We have made appropriate schedule adjustments to stop there from ever being a large culmination of athletes waiting to get in as well as posted new signage with sectioned off areas outlining capacity limits for each section / area of the gym.
- [FF] Group Classes will start every :30 minutes with 5 athletes per block
- Group classes are labelled GREEN or BLUE to determine which area of the facility will be utilized
- Coaches will be STRICT on maintaining social distancing when waiting for class whether you're inside the lounge or outside the facility
Posted Capacity Limits
Each of these areas is sectioned off with YELLOW TAPE. Capacity limits are posted as well as written on the tape for each section.
- Lounge / Lockers Area: 6
- Annex Equipment Shelf: 6
- OG Equipment Shelf: 6
- Annex North Workout Boxes: 6
- this area does NOT include a staff member in the coach box (outside yellow tape)
- Annex South Workout Boxes: 6
- this area does NOT include a staff member behind the front desk (outside yellow tape)
- Office: 2 (or 3 with masks)
New Capacity Limit signage can be found here: COVID-19: Signage @ Raincity Athletics