Should I log my workout as Rx or Scaled?
How to read the workout levels
Workouts will be posted with 1-3 variations for loading / modifications, differentiated by the brackets:
(Mens / Womens Rx) | [Mens / Womens Scaled] | <Mens / Womens Rx+>
- (if you complete the round brackets)
Enter your score as 'Rx'
- [if you complete the square brackets]
Enter your score as 'Scaled' and add a note with mods utilized
- <if you complete the triangles>
Enter your score as 'Rx' and add a note with 'rx+' or weights used.
- Always enter your score based on the lowest level utilized!
If you complete the (Rx) weight but [Scaled] gymnastics - enter your score as Scaled
- Lifts should always be logged as RX
Unless you completed a different variation (ie modified range of motion on a squat)
Movement Level Examples
[Level 3 aka 'Scaled']
Always ask a coach or check the workout of the day for the recommended modification for that days workout to ensure the intended stimulus.
- Pushups: hands elevated or banded
- Pullups: strict banded or foot assisted
- Handstand Pushups: Seated DB Press or Pushups
- Toe to bar: Foot above hip or Vsits
- Wallballs: Less than 20 / 14lbs or modified height
- Box Jumps: Lower than 24/20" or step ups
(Level 4 aka 'Rx')
You should be able to complete the full range of motion for the movements 'as prescribed' and still complete the workout under the time cap. If you do ANY movements NOT Rx - log it as Scaled.
- Wallballs: 20 / 14 pounds to 10'
- Pullups: Kipping chin over bar
- Handstand Pushups: Men RX & women 1 abmat
- Thrusters: 95/65 pounds
- Box Jumps: 24 / 20"
<Level 5 aka 'Rx+' or 'Comp'>
If you can easily complete the workout as Rx under the timecap, then you could consider the Rx+ / L5 version. Make sure to add a note when logging your score!
- Log your workout as 'Rx' in SugarWOD - if you cannot compete with the Rx times then you shouldn't be doing Rx+!
- There is no separate 'leaderboard' for Rx+ due to software limitations (otherwise we would)
- If you complete some movements Rx+ but other movements Scaled - the workout should be logged as scaled