As per the update from Bonnie Henry on April 1st 2021 the re-introduction of group classes has been put on hold until further notice.
Raincity Athletics will begin the slow re-introduction of group fitness classes following the public health guidelines for low intensity group exercise
1. Classy type
- The first phase of classes will be 'Strength Only'
- Due to the vagueness of the 'low intensity' guidelines, we have decided it is safer to begin with strength work only in order to avoid the grey line of 'low intensity cardio'
- As per the guidelines there will be no 'heavy lifting' or maxing lifts that results in significantly increased respiratory rates
2. Class Schedule
- Classes will be introduced 2 days / week on Tuesdays & Thursdays to start
- This allows us to assess the viability & safety of the group class model & capacity
- If determined to be ok, we will begin to introduce more days of classes
- Athletes will still be staggered to start
- There will be 9 athletes allowed entry on the hour for CLASS
- There will be 3 athletes allowed entry on the half hour for ACCESS
- This is to help ensure athletes do not congregate outside, as well as to avoid any congregation when getting equipment for class
3. Future Classes
- The re-introduction of low intensity conditioning work, or other types of classes, will be considered once we have determined the above model to be executed safely.
Please see the news blog post for additional information in regards to the upcoming classes & schedule updates: